Forest Grove UCC was founded by Harvey Clark and his wife, Emeline. Late in 1845 the West Tuality Plains First Congregational Church built its first building at the corner of 21st and Main Street.
In October 1847, Tabitha Brown found her way to the West Tualatin Plains and met the Clarks. She began an orphan school that soon became the Tualatin Academy and eventually, what we know today as Pacific University. (A Changing Mission: The Story of a Pioneer Church.)